Who cares - May flowers!

fitover40

Cathlete
HI all, finally the rain/snow has left! it was a soggy weekend! I did RWH BSB sunday, RWH CST today then a 10 mile bike ride. I'm doing my PT exercises and am hopeful. Roxie, thanks for bringing the sunshine! What is everyone else up to?

Good Afternoon,

We just went for a 3.6 mile walk and I thought I was going to hyperventilate had to stop to catch my breath.

Lisa-your welcome and I don't know how you can do all those miles with the air here.

HI all,

Went camping last weekend (Girl Scout troop - 16 girls) and am still tired. I managed to ride my back for 20 minutes this morning.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Good Morning,

I did TLC Boxing much harder to do in the mountains.

Murphy-hanging with kids makes me tired.

another 10 mile bike ride today but this time double the elevation gain, hills, ugh! Roxie, I was gasping for breath today, with the gravel trail, the hills and the wind blowing against me I was huffing and puffing so much suki got concerned! Murphy, that would wear me out too! Ronne, did you find us? Mary, where are you?
Today's nature picture. It was a beautiful day, just wish it wasn't so windy.... Of course now that I'm home the wind died down!
58d32cc796e304acd565016b8558f949.jpg

Hi girls! I'm back and I'm done with work too! Today did a Cathe live, PHAT2, I liked it! Lisa, how's the ankle? Especially with the wind and your elevation! How long does it take to adjust to that? Murphy, 16 girls!? Sounds painful! What a great memory for your girls tho! Roxie, how long are you on vacation for? Hi Ronne! Niece is still here, she got sick and was in bed for 2 days, some vacation! End of the year is coming quickly for school, prom is next weekend! They are getting squirrelly! Torn between wanting to be done and wanting to stay. Well, have to go turn in my paperwork and then I'll be really done! Have a good day! Mary

Another 10 mile bike ride, are you sensing a theme? Suki was so excited to go, she ran a lot, I figure she ran at about 10 to 12 mph. I can't believe she ran so much on day 3 of biking...guess she's getting in better shape too! Mary, let's say I'm hopeful about the ankle, I go to bed with it hurting a bit thinking the next day I won't be able to do my PT but by morning it feels pretty good. Today though I feel I should rest it and not overdo so not doing the PT. We'll know more as time goes on but I think it's promising, but still slow, give me my 20 yr old body! What a fun time for your kids. My DS GF graduates college this month and then moves out to KS with him, so glad he has someone. As far as someone acclimating to this elevation, I'd say 3 days and when people come to ski, they really benefit from staying in the city one night before going to the mountains...I've seen lots with elevation sickness. I even notice a difference when I go from 6000 ft to 12000 ft, much easier if you acclimate a day at about 9000 ft. I guess everyone here is easily at a 1000 ft or lower elevation! I didn't sleep well last night, I'm pooped and planting myself on the couch the rest of the day...well that is after I get done with laundry....

Hi everyone

Mary - you're done! It seems to finish so early! Those PHAT workouts look good.

Lisa - keep taking it easy with that ankle.

Not much to report here. Spring has sprung, it's gorgeous today. IMAX2 done. Went pretty quickly. Parents coming this weekend, so I've got cleaning to do at the end of the day.

Good Morning,

We went to Durango and Mess Verde did a lot of walking. I could breathe easier at those places it was only 7,000 feet where we are staying is 8,000 feet. KCM Body Training Premix 1.

Ronne-Lisa is across the state from me.

Mary-we leave here tomorrow and back to work on Monday.

Lisa-do you ever get tired of the view? We just went on a 2 mile hike on a trail and I have to say I don't what's worse the up or down.

Last edited:
HI all. So, guess what I did today. I was riding my stationary bike, leaned back to get something - leaned waaayyy back to get something and BROKE the seat. Yes, me and me "ascot" broke the seat on my stationary bike. I ordered a new one but wow. I have never done that before. I tried to fix it and thought I did, but it just doesn't sit right anymore. Oh well. I can laugh about it now.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Only a 4 mile bike ride but the elevation gain was the same as over the course of the 10 mile ones, so steep! Roxie, lungs get it going up, knees going down. Poles help a lot! Wasn't Mesa Verde cool? Did you take the guided tour down into the caves? Ronne, no pt again today, this thing is going to take forever to heal, I must have done a doozy on it. Another month before I go back to the dr so I guess I'll just ride the bike and not try to walk the dog, and limit pt exercises to every other day, sigh. I'm getting frustrated and don't know what else to do and hope that the 2 drs I've seen got the diagnosis right. Murphy, glad you didn't hurt anything!

Hi all. Did parts of LBB. I was short on time so I had to skip a few things. Hey, who was talking about the PHAT workouts? I saw on the next dvd/workout series suggestion forum (whatever it is called) that people are asking for it. Sounds good. I am sure Cathe would do a great job at it. Oh, I see the doctor today. I hope to get a date for surgery - so looking forward to getting this past me.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Good morning! Today did a barre workout, yesterday was Cathe live. Murphy, you could have gotten really hurt! Hope they schedule the surgery soon, get this all over with! Lisa, I'm sorry your feeling down. It gets so frustrating. I know I'm done with my hip, 3 surgeries, countless PT, steroid shots, 4 doctors. Some days I get down about it, then I see someone way worse than me, I don't know, I know how frustrating it is tho! Hugs to you! Ronne, have fun with your folks! Roxie, hope you had fun on your vacation and safe journey home! Have to get goin, FIL is having surgery (nothing serious) DH is at work so I get to go sit with MIL! Have a good day all! Mary

Hi there

Quick post as parents due to arrive any minute. Yoga session for me today. Busy work day today, suddenly inundated with emails! Have a good weekend everyone.

11 mile ride, same elevation gain as yesterday. So that's 45 Miles and 1200 ft elevation gain in last 5 days. Murphy, i think Mary said something about PHAT. I'm sure you are ready to be done and put your efforts in a more fun endeavor! Roxie, it also could have been easier because you are acclimating to the elevation. Mary, you still seem to be so active. I'm not even interested in surgery, so hunkering down to a very slow turtle recovery. I do see how it happened since I see now how my feet turn so the outside hits the ground first like podiatrist said. Took a long time to get bad will take a long time to heal. Thank goodness for the bike! Ronne, hope your weekend is wonderful!

HI girls! I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day weekend. Today did an Amy Dixon kickboxing , yesterday was barre and Saturday was a Cathe live. Lisa, how are you feeling? Roxie, are you back to work? Ronne, how was the visit with your parents? Murphy, did you get a date? Prom is this coming weekend, I had to make a list of everything I need to get done! Yikes, I know it's going to be long! I hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi all. Did a shortened version of GG & L today. No, don't have a date yet. I am waiting to hear from the doctor about the date - they have to hear from the operating room scheduler. You would think it would not take long but apparently it does. ???
I hope everyone is doing well and had a great Mother's Day. I got to rest - somewhat.

Waves to all,
Murphy

Happy Monday, I did 9 mile bike ride yesterday and another today. I also did the back part of KCM weights, during the leg part I did my PT and I skipped chest (pushups) :). Hope all had a nice mother's day weekend, glad you got some rest Murphy.

Good Evening,

I did CLX Burn Circuit 1 this morning. I hated going back to work today.

Lisa-good job with the bike ride.

Mary-unfortunately yes I had to go back to work.

Hi girls! Today did Cathe live, all about legs. Roxie, hope work is going ok! Lisa, how's the ankle? Do you have to stand when biking? Does that make it worse? Murphy, all the red tape in the medical system. Very frustrating! Hi Ronne! Today I have to go shop for after prom, our room is going to be the fish bowl toss. I have to go and get bags and twisties for the fish. I also have to go and be creative and make a poster. I have to go put on my thinking cap! Good day to all! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.