Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/7

Good evening ladies...

This morning I did SB's most recent workout with the ankle weights followed up with CLB Blizzard Blast. Great morning workout. At lunch we did a combo Cathe/SB - started off with Cathe Bands from Great Glutes and LLA and finished with a little SB Barre. After the morning workout then this one my legs were done in.

Judy...you must have posted while I was typing. I will never by Kitchen Aid again. Whe have had nothing but problems with everything except our stove. We have a combo with convection and it has held up well. Could because I do not cook too often though! Lol! I would love to help people with home improvements. When my DH and I go to Home Depot the sales person always talks to my DH and I just smile thinking my DH has no idea what this guy is talking about. :) It is just not his thing. He does circles around me with his business sense.

Diane Sue...I love the ICE workouts because you can make them work for your fitness level by upping the weight or adding in the Blizzard Blasts. I do like the Live versions of the Metabolic and the Bootcamp workout better than the DVD's though. They seem to move a little quicker for me. Poor Harvey. :(. But understand why he needed to be isolated. Yes we have some pets and all the hair that goes with them! Like Deb, I thought the dishwasher cleaner just cleaned the inside. Never realized it took care of the lodged food too. Hoping this is the problem with ours. We'll find out this weekend.

Lynda...I really enjoy the Live workouts! Isn't CUB so much better with only 4 of those damm bear crawls?!!!! No dread factor at all. I am not looking forward to the cold this weekend. No plans for VD for us. My DH being a GM of a restaurant means I pretty much will not see him at all this weekend. This will soon end though as he has given a 30 day notice that he will be leaving. His body is just breaking down. When he broke his ankle a couple years ago he has been in so much pain. He is leaving with out a job but I am happy for him. He is planning to take a little time off then look for something a little easier on his body. He is an extremely smart and marketable (is this even a word?) and we are very confident his dream job is out there waiting for him. It will be nice to actually have weekends together for a change.

Deb...I plan on the Chest MM in the morning. I have not done this one yet and looking forward to it. That is what I am afraid of...take everything a part and not be able to put it back together! I'll let you know soon enough how I do. I have not looked on Pinterest. Will do that tomorrow. Omg the monkeybabypuppy commercial one really creeped me out. What were they thinking?

Valerie...I would really like a sunny warm day. 70 degrees is far away for Lynda and I right now. I am going to Charlotte in less than 3 weeks so hoping for a little warmer weather. I am the same way...no dishers left in the sink. If I see dishes I have to wash and put away. That is why I need to fis the dishwasher. I hate washing dishes by hand also. Great ride! How is the knee? Still improving? I wish you luck with the hot tub.

Hi to Josie!!!!

Lynda...completely forgot to mention I bought and received today Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped Fire Extreme Sculpt. It is suppose to be an advanced workout so I will let you know how I like it. I was not going to buy anymore of her DVD's as I find her streaming workouts are more of a challenge, but I did like the sound of this one!

Good morning,

It looks like winter today, it's snowing and there is about 3 inches on the ground already. UGh...I was getting really spoiled and thinking we were not going to get any of this.

Valerie, Thanks for the DW info... I should buy actual cleaner....I too thought it was just to clean the basin part, not filters etc. Even when I cook meals, it takes a week to fill our dishwasher. My MIL used to run hers every night, no matter how few dishes were in it. I don't like running it unless it's full. It seems like a waste of water. I have to rinse all the dishes because of waiting so long to run it. I have had good luck with the KA model, and it is really quiet. I think it was called something like "the Whisper" model. I saw the same comments about the OTC cholesterol products and the same warnings. Fasting definitely takes some time to get used to. You do get hungry the first week or so, but you can have coffee, (black) which helps. I find that it cuts out my cravings, and keeps me within my calorie range. When I am sticking to it, I eat between 11 am and 7 pm.

Diane Sue, good that the cyst removal went so well, and you are able to continue with your program. I have never heard of those cleaning products. They must be sold only by a rep? I like Mrs. Meyer's cleaning products. I have about a dozen iTread workouts....I like them, but like Cardio Coach even better. Do you have these? I miss Coach Sean. :(.

Lynda, Having a repair person you can count on is really nice. We got the snow you have last night. Also, predicting temps this weekend of single digit highs. :(. They are saying that Saturday it will not get over 7. Time to batten down the hatches and stay indoors. :). Isn't it around 1925 on Downton? I think it started in 1912, so about 13 years have gone by. Yes, they haven't changes that much, except "Cora" looks older to me.

Lori, great workouts! You have put some good stuff together for the Ladies too. LOL on the sales person at Home Depot talking to your DH instead of you! I think your DH is making a good decision. If this job is that hard physically for him, he needs to find something else. Did not see that particular commercial...will have to go watch it.

Judy, Lori mentioned you were posting at the same time, but I don't see a post from you....strange...

Hi to Josie,

A workout, errands, and agility class later...also, I am taking my cousin and her husband to the airport today. They are going to Florida.....nice timing!

Take care,

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did CTX Leaner Legs and one of the To The Mat timesaver premixes. Total time was 77 minutes. I can sure see why that workout is called "meaner legs". That was a tough combination. I do think I am getting stronger from doing longer leg sessions though. This morning will be Housemax and then I have a routine dental appointment this afternoon.

Lori-Great workouts! I need to do a barre workout again soon. I miss those. I ordered SB's Barre Amped and Barre Amped Boot Camp, as I don't think I will be renewing the live streaming this year. I do like her workouts but I just haven't been using the streaming enough to justify continuing it. I thought it made more sense for me to just buy a few of her dvds instead. I will wait for your review before I order Barre Amped Fire Extreme Sculpt.

Valerie-That is exactly how I feel about washing dishes. I love using the dishwasher but I do not like washing dishes by hand. Great mountain biking! With this weather, I won't be doing any outdoor biking this week.

Deb-We missed the heavy snow yesterday, we got about an inch or so. It is snowing now and the temperatures have dropped into the teens. It looks like we will have a very cold weekend too. :(

Diane Sue-I have KCM's Home Gym Intervals too, but haven't used it yet. My favorite Cathe cycle workout is Ride. I really like Cathe's live cycle workouts too. The Tread Climber sounds interesting. I used to use a Versa Climber at a gym I went to many years ago.

Lynda-I think you would like Cathe Live. You can do so much with the workout blender, not to mention all of her live workouts. I also use the DVDs but that is only because I don't have the TV in my gym set up for streaming.

Hi to Josie!

Judy

When I bought this DW, my focus was one with an easy to clean filter system. If it takes 2 hours and a bunch of tools to access it, it won't happen very often. I just cleaned mine this morning, and it took less than 2 minutes.
Wow Deb, once a week? I run out of spoons in one day! I cook a lot, we eat most meals here. I don't like plastic and have a lot of corningware. DW has "half load ", "express ", and a "rinse only" cycle. also "sanitize" as part of regular wash cycles. . I don't pre rinse and run it daily. If I didn't have a good DW, I don't know how much I'd cook. HATE hand washing. all I do by hand are knives, chopping block, pots & pans.
Not sure how well I can do semi fasting. If DH weren't here it might be more possible. my plan is to make his lunch separately, and eat something like a small tub of hummus and a red pepper, and a half piece of fruit. especially if I'm exercising, that is as little as I can stand. yesterday I had a Kind bar during the ride, half before and half at the mid point. took us 2 hours 18 minutes. so nice sitting in the sun!

Plan to mt bike this morning so we can be ready for the hot tub evaluation early this afternoon. cloudy and maybe showery later, but still mild temps. Judy, that sounds like a killer combo. I like TTM but not sure I could do another leg workout tacked onto it.

we watched "The Martian" last night. What a disappointment! stupid stupid. I thought with all the well known people it would be an intelligent sci-fi film. Blech! so glad we didn't waste $$ at a theater. admittedly, the special effects were lost on our TV.

Lori that is a huge decision your DH has made. Hope he has success finding something less arduous. I'd think the hours in restaurant work would be hard to live with. too funny about the salespeople talking to him and ignoring you! yes, that happens. they assume the man is the one running the show all the time, and it's not always true.

Hi everyone--

This morning I did both Sweat workouts (46:13).

Lori, I was looking at that SB workout at Total Fitness dvds. I will be interested to hear what you think. I really think the restaurant business is tough and I can understand why your DH might be ready for a break if he is currently a general manager. I like to watch Top Chef and they are currently in the part of the competition called "restaurant wars." They rotate the general manager position among the team and it's really tough to keep everything humming. I hope your DH finds something less stressful that also fits his professional skills.

Deb, it's very wintry here as well. I am so dreading the temps this weekend. The mini-fasts work for me, too. I really don't even get hungry for such a short period.

Judy, my problem too is that I don't have streaming on the TV I use for exercise. DH thinks he might change this for me. We shall see.......

Diane Sue, where did you have that cyst? Was it painful?

Oh, too bad you hated The Martian Valerie. I thought the science was pretty compelling--both the botany and the astrophysics. And I could understand the dialogue and loved the cinematography. Reminded me of the Southwest in Thelma and Louise--another Ridley Scott film. Anyway, I definitely enjoyed it a lot more than The Revenant where I missed a lot of the dialogue and which I found pretentious and silly at times with all that repetition of the wife's saying about the tree's strength and the wind. I also found the ending absurd. What is one to make of the final close-up on Glass's face? Some kind of epiphany?? No disputing taste.

Today was Total Body Hammer and 10 minute ab hammer, 56 minutes, 314 calories and I finished off with P90X3 Pilates, 30 minutes, 107 calories. Total time spent 86 minutes and calories burned 421.
So much frustration with things today. I spent a big share of my day on the phone. First of all the Fed X guy that was delivering the control panel for my dishwasher threw it over the gate to our walkway and there was a piece broke off. I heard it hit the ground and looked on the doorstep then had to go around the corner and found it on the pavement. :mad: So I had to call fed x and the appliance parts place. Then I had to deal with my cell phone company because I paid off my phones and they are still trying to charge me for them. On a good note, Polar has notified me that my Bluetooth transmitter is fixed and on the way. And I went on to finish my workout before I dealt with all of that.
Total Body Hammer
10, 8, 6 reps each exercise then in the round then repeat
bench press 25# each hand 10,8,6, 10, 8, 6
squat 40# each hand 10,8,6,10,8,6
reverse grip row 30# each hand 10,8,6,10,8,6

incline fly 20# each hand all sets
reverse lunge right 25# each hand 10,8,6; left 10,8,6
wide pull up 10,8, 6; 10,8,6

military press seated 20# each hand all sets
split squat 20# each hand right 10,8,6; left 10,8,6 I went 25's last time and think I should have done it again this time
posterior delt fly 1 right 15# 10,8, 6 left 15# 10,8,6

Lori, I bet that your legs were done in :) Nice workouts. The city we moved from was always hiring at Lowes. They had a lot of women employees. I bet you would be a lot more help than some of Home Depot's employees. I hope your husband finds the perfect job. Mine does a lot of weekend and all night stuff. I am hoping sometime he gets a day job during the week.

Deb, Melaleuca is a company that is supposed to be safe healthy products for cleaning, nutrition, beauty, first aid, even pets and essential oils. All natural safe for the environment stuff. I pay a yearly fee of 13 dollars and with membership I get preferred prices but have to buy 35 points of products which is about 65.00 a month. I could be a representative but don't really want to. I signed on for a friend originally. Also they give loyalty shopping dollars according to how much I purchase but I have to watch their videos to use them. They save on packaging buy selling really concentrated product and you purchase the spray bottles and dispensers for cleaners. They are on Instagram and Penterest. I like Mrs Myers products too. I started using them a lot when we had an aerobic septic system. I noticed that my clothes didn't lose color in spots like with the detergents like Tide and Cheer etc.. Melaleuca is good too. I never went back to using the harsh chemical cleaners after that. I do have a couple of the cardio coach workouts. I gave my daughter some to use with their treadmills. Her and her husband each have a treadmill in their room and the use them at the same time. Our weather changes back and forth from freezing to warm. It was 71 today. I have went out shopping before and had it close to 80 and by the time I was leaving the store it was sleeting. Seriously!! One such experience the poor guy taking out our groceries slipped and dumped the cart. My daughter and I were dressed in summer attire and freezing.

Judy, Monday was house max for me :) Today is paperwork and some putting things in their proper places. My 5 year old grandson comes tomorrow so most of the day will be play and books. I like Home Gym Intervals because I can put my all into the piece of equipment and get the stop and do some weight work so the time moves quickly. My favorite Cathe is Pedal Power then Ride. I rarely get out Cycle Max. My husband got me the Tread Climber right after my knee surgery. He thought it would be better for me than all of the impact work. It is a lot harder than you would think. Particularly if you do not hold onto the handles. Mine is the fastest one going to 4.5 mph. That doesn't seem like much but when the tension is tight ( I have mine about medium) for the pressure on the trestles along with incline and speed it is hard. I really can get my HR up there. I kind of thought that the live workouts would be fun. I have all of Cathe's except Ice so on demand is pretty much pointless. For the money I could just buy the set.

Valerie, we have Martian. Really I kind of liked it. I don't sit and watch movies often though. My husband is the one that watches movies all of the time so most are mainly picked for him. I keep waiting for Mockingjay part 2 to come out on dvd. We have the others. We don't go to the theater much anymore. I fasted late today but not by choice. I was just too busy. At 3 when I was done with calls I had to do some errands. Leg me tell you when I got home I was famished and nothing to grab for an easy snack so I ended up with a protein powder almond butter shake. Sometimes I get busy and forget to eat but, I make up for it:) The hummus, fruit and,. pepper doesn't sound like very much food for a meal. Does it give you enough energy?

Lynda, this is the third cyst I have had so I knew pretty much what it was before I went for my physical. It was in the inside of my thigh. I had one on my collar bone and one on the side on my forehead in my hairline, my daughter removed that one. It is just faster to go to my medical doctor which is up the street than to go into my daughter's dermatology office. My doctor did say if I saw my daughter I could have her remove the stitches. I will see. Usually I see her on Sundays but I may just go to the doctors office on Friday. She put two stitches in just in case I pull one out exercising :) It is not painful but they will grow. The most pain was numbing it. I hate needles! The only way I can stream on my tv in my workout room is through my cell phone or computer. I am not sure if the tv I have has any other capabilities. I watch You Tube workouts on it. I stream Fitness Blender with a cable I purchased for my Android phone. We have a Roku but it is downstairs in the living room.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did ICE MM Back. Another good one. John stayed home yesterday, closed the office. He, and all of his staff are sick with some kind of flu. So much for getting flu shots.

I had one positive small win this week that I forgot to mention. We got our cable bill, and it was up by $2.00. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but they sneak these $1 or $2 increases in every once in a while thinking you won't notice. Well I called and told them that I was tired of these increases, that when I removed the TV service and kept the internet/phone, they assured me it would be under $100 a month. The guy was really nice, took $15 a month off, lowered to $92, inc taxes etc. VICTORY!! I know, I know....it's the small things. :)

Judy, how are your legs today? Those were two tough workouts to do at the same time. Where do you do the Live workouts?

Valerie, how many calories do you try to eat in a day? As for the DW, I took out the arm from the bottom to rinse it out, ( following a Pinterest instruction) and found a 1/3 cup measure under it. Not sure if that caused anything, but at least it didn;t melt or start on fire. :). My cousin is a fire chief at a volunteer fire company and says that dishwashers cause a lot of kitchen fires. Yikes! I will now try the vinegar, then baking soda step next to supposedly clean the filters. I could not get the filter off without tools...not going there yet.

Lynda, how long do you do the daily mini-fast for? There is the 5:2 Fast method, but I could never do those 500 calorie days.....I like the 16:8 method.

Maggie Smith is in a movie.....has anyone heard of it? It is playing at our local Art/theater:

http://buffalo.com/2016/02/11/news/...anyone-resist-maggie-smith-not-bloody-likely/

Diane Sue, I hope the FedEx people helped you out. That is awful that the driver threw that package. I can tell you if you reported him, there will be actions taken. Good news on your Polar HRM! Wow, and I thought we had huge weather variances! Those cleaners sound interesting, but I could not use anywhere near $65 a month's worth. I get a good deal on Mrs Meyer's from Amazon Prime. So you use just a cable and an get workouts to stream with your phone? No Chromecast? or something similar?

Hi to Lori, Judy & Josie,

A workout, then HouseMax stuff for me....not too anxious to spend much time outside.

Take care,

Last edited:
Deb-I'm feeling some DOMS in my legs this morning. I usually use my iPad or MacBook for Cathe Live. DH has another computer in the basement that has a larger screen so I could use that too.

I'll check back in later today

Judy

We did a 2 hour hard mountain bike yesterday. we might repeat it today. It really "works" the butt glute area I've been focused on in therapy but this is more fun than than indoor firewalkers. we're trying to map out a different area of the tree farm and get to know the roads so we can use the trails that connect them later in the season. nobody allows the area to have a decent printed map (??) so you learn by trial and error what goes to where. most roads don't show on google maps. it started raining steadily or else we might have gone longer. and then the hot tub guy cancelled so we wasted half the day waiting for him.
Diane sue, that is ridiculous they'd throw a package over the fence! I've never tried a tread climber but imagine it's similar to an elliptical in how it works you. I use our elliptical regularly and like the low impact. we had a Versa climber at one time but it wore out fairly quickly. I like the Pedal power one. there's one that doesn't show the 'clock" countdown for each song and doesn't get used much.

We had tried to see The Martian in the theater but it came and went here pretty quickly. Looked everywhere, not showing anywhere, so we also wanted to see the Revenant, and so that was the choice for cousin's birthday. I think Martian fell flat for me because the 3D /special effects don't translate well onto a small TV screen. a lot of things looked very hokey, the scenery seemed flat. I did like the growing potatoes idea. It reminded me of Independence Day for some reason. I was reminded that Avatar and Gravity were not very interesting on the small screen either so we saw them in theaters.
Watched Truth last night and I enjoyed that. it's the one about Dan Rather's forced exit from cbs news after the 60 Min reporting on George bush's military experience and whether he received special treatment. a lot of names came fast and furious. It would have helped to review the past events before watching because it seems the investigative reporting was done well but it was a set up by unknown persons. I'd watch this one again. cate blancett is terrific, as usual. Robert redford as dan rather didn't work too well for me. This kind of move works better for me at home than a theater.

Deb, I've done WW and no counts calories. Seems to be around 1500 with more as needed on hard work days. I'm not counting exactly, but trying to reduce lunch/ snack calories, because there's some "flex". breakfast is oatmeal with fruit and a skim milk latte. not much to do there. dinner is more flexible so I eat half the "main" DH has, and as many non starchy vegies as I want. lunch is easier to cut or sub. my jeans are looser, something is finally happening I think. weigh-in is Friday.
A whole sliced red pepper, 2 individual tubs of hummus, and half an orange worked pretty well. It was a lot of chewing & fiber and about 350 calories. DH gave me a cracker and small piece of cheese from his lunch. after riding 2 hrs , it was light but I planned a snack later on.
I have to be hungry a lot of I just stay the same.
That's what happened with our cable bill...constant incremental increases. our phone and internet is about $100 now.

Hi everyone--

This morning I did the Metabolic weights (47:53).

Deb, Saturdays and Sundays, I have juice and coffee in the morning and then nothing until dinner. I guess it's pretty close to a day of fasting because I don't have a real meal between dinner the night before and dinner the following day--just juice, coffee, and water. I think Maggie Smith plays a homeless woman in that film and it did get pretty positive reviews. Good for you on contacting the cable company to protest.

Judy, I remember LL. So many squats! And doesn't Cedie lose count at some point? I only did it a couple times because it was so tough.

Valerie, I didn't go to Truth. Not sure I wanted to re-visit that fiasco. Good luck on your diet! I guess your problem will be maintenance if your metabolism is so stingy.

Diane Sue, those are very impressive weights. I remember getting a package from Amazon once with a panini grill as a Christmas gift, and it was pretty obvious that someone had stepped on it and dented the lid. It took awhile, but we finally did get a replacement from Amazon, and I guess they must have complained to UPS.

ttfn

Today I did Chisel Endurance and 10 minute Ab Chisel 48 minutes, 239 calories. I then did Some of Party Rockin Step 1, going to the chapters and doing the bonus 2 combo 6, then doing the finished all combos and stretch, 23 minutes, 151 calories. Total time was 71 minutes and calories burned 390. This is only the second time that I have done Chisel Endurance in this 8 week rotation. It was there 1 more time but had the option of Chisel Power and I used it instead. It is 60 seconds done for each move. Some include some weights and some are moves like negative pull ups( hard to do timed and while sore) , run ups, decline push ups to name a few. I used 12 and 15# for the weighted segments. I already got my second control panel for the dishwasher. Hopefully now it will get it working :)

Deb we do not have cable but our internet went up last month 20 dollars :O I need to call them and suggest I am switching if they can't fix that. I have never had to pay 69.99 for mediocre internet service. This is not even their best which is over 100 dollars a month without bundling. As far as 65 dollars a month is concerned it is not hard for me as I buy toothpaste, vitamins and supplements, bath supplies, cleaners, and some food items, not many because they still put diet sweetners like Splenda in products which is hard to understand when it is supposed to be wellness focused. I order from Amazon all of the time too :) I get Mrs Myers products at Walmart, Target, and Homeland. I haven't checked to see if they were cheaper on Amazon. Yes, I use a cable that I purchased from Amazon. It said it would work for my Galaxy Note Pro 12 tablet but it doesn't give me a picture which is odd because I have no problem with the Galaxy S 5 phone that uses the same hookups. It didn't cost me much. I use my phone plug that I use to plug my phone in to charge because it requires power, one end goes to the phone and the other to HDMI on the television. I just leave it hooked up to the tv so all I have to do is plug it into my phone. I then go to the internet to pull up what I want to stream.

Valerie, I thought I downloaded Truth for my husband to watch but I made a mistake after reading tons of movie discriptions and ordered Spotlight. Like I aid I hardly watch anything, I have to be doing something if I am sitting in front of the TV. My husband says I am not watching. I just say I can look and hear :) It has to really catch me for me to just watch. I also recently bought him Bridge of Spies. He never says too much unless he hates what I get. Like Maggie with Arnold Schwartzenegar. I saw that one with him and it was a good reason to not watch movies. Neither of us like zombie movies so that killed it anyway but there was really no plot or anything. It ended lousy as well. I didn't care for Scorch Trials Either, but liked Maze Runner. I enjoyed a movie that no one probably heard of recently. It was called beyond the mask. It incorporated American history into the story. My husband is a big history buff so he liked it a lot too. Martian was much better than Gravity. I was really disappointed in Gravity.

Lynda, I have wondered sometimes how the shippers manage to do all of that damage to packages. I too have seen footprints on them. SOme things that I have received from Amazon sellers, like my dining room table had glass stickers on it. I guess they were trying to protect it because it was just solid wood. It was packed well with Styrofoam around all of the edges and extra on corners but the box had holes in the corners.

back from our ride. 2 hrs 49 minutes, about 9 miles. I got up all the hills today. Had to stop on one hill 4x but caught my breath, and continued up. proud of myself!. It's hard to get back on a bike on an uphill slope and go without tipping. If I get on the scale tomorrow and don't see movement, you will hear me scream all the way to Boston. or Buffalo.
Lynda, I watch carefully so if I lose pounds, I'm aggressive about not regaining. I don't know how I got so distracted this last time. it creeps back on easier the older I get. but I'm still down 10 from a previous one time high, and that never came back. I'd lost another 6-8 and that's what snuck back and is reluctant to leave.

If anyone else plans on watching Truth I'd recommend refreshing your history of the event. the movie jumped right in and didn't explain much, and threw a whole lot of unfamiliar military officer names into the mix. I'd like to see Spotlight in a theater. since we can go mid day now, I'm enjoying movies more. I hate crowds. weekday afternoons are great. I don't watch zombies or horror movies, or animated stuff. Mindless violence is a turn off too.
Diane sue, can I ask what WD stands for? Sorry, but I immediately think of WD-40. I'd like to have a different mental image.

Good evening ladies...

Yesterday was Live Upper Body Express followed up with some core. The Upper Body express is about 40 mins (I think) and boy it really gets the job done. No workout with the lunch lades as it was a really heavy package day. This morning I tried out SB's new Fire Sculpt. The first section (Total Body Barre 27 mins) was good but I felt I needed more. If I do this section as an add on I'll add ankle weights and know I will love it. The second section (Thigh and Seat 17 mins) totally fried my legs. Loved it!!!!! There is also a core section and a light weight upper body that I did not have time to do in the morning but both look good. I'll try them out this weekend. So far liking this DVD. At lunch we did 21D Barre legs (I just can't seem to get away from 21d with the ladies!). Wow legs are exhausted. Going to lay off working legs for the next couple of days.

Judy...it had been ages since I have done the CTX "Meaner" legs! Yes this is a great leg workout. Your legs must have felt like mine do today after adding in TTM! I know what you mean about paying for a streaming service and not really using it. I am going to cancel Cathe on Demand but keep the Live since I pretty much do all Live workouts 95% of the time. I hardly use Demand so why pay the extra 10 bucks? I need to cancel by the 28th so will do next week.

Deb...great job on the cable bill! I totally get it. They sneak in a little charge here and there. Most people do not complain so they rake in tons of $$! Good for you!!!! So sorry about John's office. Hope you do not get sick. I completely missed getting a flu shot this year which is unlike me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Diane Sue...I have seen tread climbers and have always thought some day I'll get one. They look like it would be a great workout. I am like you when watching a movie. I have to be doing something. Hard for me to just sit there and watch. Drives my DH insane. The movie has to be something I really want to see for it to get my 100% attention. Great workouts the past couple days! Good luck changing out the DW panel. Is your daughter in the medical field? Sounds like yes. Glad the cyst removal went well.

Valerie...you amaze me with your mountain biking! I agree how hard it is to bike up hills, stop, then get going again. Good for you! Knee doing well after this ride? It is amazing that all the working out we do we still have to watch our weight. I have 5lbs that seemed to have creeped back on. I do not weigh myself very often but did yesterday and yikes! Need to get serious before it gets to be more!

Lynda...omg! It is soooo cold here! Left this morning and my hands hurt. I did not leave my office at all. Was so windy! That would be awesome if your DH worked on streaming for you. You will love Cathe Live or SB Streaming. :).

Thank you all for your support with my DH. We believe the time has come for a change. Better now than waiting. We are actually looking forward to spending time with eachother!

Hi to Josie!

Have a great night all! Brrrrrrr

Valerie, lol, my husband used to always think WD 40 was the cure all for everything . Not completely but almost. It is my last name and first name initials. That order :) All I can say that ride sounds grueling and if I didn't see the scale budge I would scream too. I have to work much harder on diet than I used to. I could eat anything but now, not so. My husband wanted to go for icecream sundaes this evening and I went and watched him get a banana split. I eyed the salad and came home and cooked chicken. When we lived in the smaller city a couple of years ago it was nice being able to go to the theater (only one) in the afternoon and watch a movie without any crowds.

Lori, nice workout today! Yes my daughter is a dermatologist. She is always looking us over for odd spots etc.. So much skin cancer out there. It comes in handy at times though. They got the new control panel for the DW to us overnight. My husband and I worked on it today. Someone on the Appliance parts site had the exact same dishwasher and gave a complete description of the repair process. It made it easy. We generally work together on stuff. I ran it through one time and now am loading it. It seems a bit weird since it is so long since I have used a dishwasher. :) We ordered a faucet for my bathroom so that will be the next project. I can quit putting a towel out to catch the water run off. That hasn't been ongoing that long though. We ordered some that stand up further since the handles are separate. That way I can wash my hair in the sink if I want to.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did iCE MM Triceps. Another good "one body part" workout. I think I am catching John's cold....I started taking zinc lozenges, but not sure if I did it early enough.

Judy, do you use a Roku or some other service for Cathe Live?

Valerie, LOL.....I hope I don't hear you scream from here when you get on the scale today! :) That's great that you found a good bike trail and can use it for future rides. No map? Is that normal? That is so annoying when you wait for a repair person and they don't show or cancel. That was really bad when I was working and had taken a vacation day to get the work done. I keep forgetting about hummus and how much fiber there is. I am going to look for it in the grocery store next time. There are so many choices out there now, that the cable companies are a little more flexible when you complain about the cost. I ran the dishwasher yesterday, and it looks like my taking off and cleaning the water spray thing on the bottom ( and removing the 1/3 cup measure that was under it,) may have done the trick. Glasses came out clean for a change! :)

Lynda, yes, only juice & coffee then nothing until dinner would count as a fast day, especially if your dinner is around 500 calories.

Diane Sue, if you buy all that other product from them, $65 is probably a good deal. Checking Amazon and Ebay are second nature to me whenever I buy anything now a days. I wonder if they have a cable like that to work on my LG phone. I managed a warehouse as part of my job and one thing we always watched for was how the employees handled the merchandise/freight. Good job on the DW panel repair!

Lori, great workouts! You and SB have really clicked. I kind of thought the Cathe On Demand service was not a good buy for all of us that have most of the DVD's anyway, but the LIVE is so intriguing. I still am on the fence about it. Right now I am enjoying ICE a lot. The last flu shot I got was in 1976 I think....our company at the time ( still family owned) had a doctor come and give the shots to all the employees. It was almost like you couldn't say no....

Hi Josie,

Not sure if I will do a workout today or just stay on the couch with a book....

Anyone have any plans for the weekend? My Saturday agility instructor already cancelled class because of the weather predictions for the weekend.

Take care and STAY WARM!

Hi Ladies,

I worked out with Karina on Tuesday, spin on Wednesday and yesterday I did bodypump and Karina. I'm taking a day off today and plan on doing Zumba and bodypump tomorrow. On Sunday Im doing a 45 mile ride along the coast. I had planned to ride Saturday and Sunday, but it has been so hot here and Saturday's ride is inland and will be very hot and hilly.

Valerie, that sounds like a though ride, but glad that your knee is better. The scale has not moved for me since I did the challenge, I initially lost 13 pounds and gained 2. I would like to loose 10 before the ride, but don't want to do the challenge again because I kept bonking when I was running or spinning on the last week of it.

Lori, are you planning on doing the 21 day fix diet again? I still have all the information you sent me and was looking at it so that I can incorporate it on meal plans. I'm so excited for your DH and glad that you get to spend time together.

Garance, do you workout on the days that you fast? Karina told me to read about intermittent fasting, but it all sounds complicated to me and don't know if I can sustain my workouts without a full tank ;).

Deb, enjoy your book and the couch :).

Diane Sue, do you workout everyday?

Josie

Well, you should hear almost a scream.... down 0.8 of a pound. I swear, it would be easier to remove fat with a turkey baster. my jeans are definitely looser so if nothing else, I've tightened up my butt area but it could certainly be smaller. we put away chips a couple weeks ago too, as DH was always snacking on them and I had a very few, and I counted them.

Deb, we ride on private land ( the tree farm) is occasionally logged. most of it is heavily treed with roads and trails looping thru the area. it's a large chunk of land. several tracts close to each other, must be at least 20 sq miles. it's closed to all motorized use. open to mt bikes, hikers, and horses. we pay a small fee for access, $20 a year. most of the roads don't show up on mapping software. makes you work a bit to figure it out. not heavy use, we usually see no one. If it was all mapped and marked out, it would probably be more popular.
went to the WW site to make sure I cancelled with days to spare so I didn't get billed for another month. my renewal date was later than I thought, march 6. when things didn't work at all, I had asked for an extension. anyway they offered me a free month. I took it and will keep at it a little longer. I just hate tracking food, it's so tedious. it wasn't possible to cancel without talking to someone. I fussed with it for half an hour, couldn't find a way to do it so did it via the chat feature, and they jumped right in with a free month.
I would imagine working in peoples faces mouths would lead to a higher number of upper respiratory infections no matter how careful you are. I'm at front of the line for flu shots... I hate, hate being sick. DH used to get exposed more than the average person too. the last few years it was required all clinic employees get flu shots too. doesn't protect against every virus out there. I'll take any option I can to reduce chances.

Last edited:
Hi everyone--

This morning I did Bootcamp (approximately 45 min.).

Deb, I'm sure I eat more than 500 calories for dinner, especially if we are going out as we will this Sunday for Valentine's Day or last Sunday when we had all of that Superbowl food. It's probably more like 800 calories. For me, I think the intermittent fasting is predominantly a maintenance/control thing. I started it after I went to Rancho La Puerta and lost those 5 pounds and did not want to gain them back. Have you tried those quick melt Zicam lozenges? They taste like orange dreamsicles and you only need two per day. They don't upset my stomach either.

Lori, now you have me interested in that new SB. I will have to take a look at the clip over at Totalfitness. Yep, yesterday was pretty rough with the wind chill, and it sounds like tomorrow through Sunday will be the worst. If I get Cathe streaming, it will be an Apple TV I think. I'm still not sure. I have so many dvds, so much Cathe I don't use.

Josie, I do Housemax on Saturday and a workout on Sunday, so yes, I don't lounge about when I'm not eating. What do you mean by "bonking"?

Diane Sue, I'm at the other extreme when watching a film. I taught film at Williams and the better the film, the more it warrants close examination. I also prefer going to matinees with the fewer people as possible. I really cannot stand people chatting, opening noisy candy wrappers, or getting up and down and up and down. I have not infrequently moved if I could tell that someone was going to talk through the film. Spotlight was an excellent film IMO. I didn't know it was already out on dvd.

Valerie, I admire your determination. .8 lb. is still good.

Hi to Judy!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.