Who Cares? Freaky February 2016

RWH CST. Ronne, I've noticed we've been doing the same lately (or are you copying me?) that would definitely tax my brain! Especially today, another headache, ugh!

Hi Lisa and everyone

No workout for me today as it's my visit day. Path into town is flooded! Tiptoed my way across gingerly. Off out to eat with friend this evening. Asian food, yum!

Hi girls! Today did a barre workout. Winter has finally arrived! It's snowing! Ronne, have fun tonight! Lisa, hope your headache is better. Hello to everyone else! Not much today, just laying low, back to work tomorrow! Good day to all! Mary

Hello

LIHI Legs done. Went pretty well, first time I've done it without a break in a while! No snow here, but the temperature's dropped, the fingerless gloves are out ...

BM2 double UB premix, abs only one time thru =took that from Ronne's playbook! My lower back is knotted from walking wonky on this boot and over compensating so I vegged all day yesterday. I started icing my foot/ankle in ice water since dr said that was the best way. Wowzers! That's cold and my toes come out blue! I just want this over so pulling out more treatments. It's getting better but soooo slowly! This is now 4 weeks of total rest. 1 more week and I go to New PT place =same I went to for neck). Ronne, it's gorgeous weather here another reason I'm antsy! Had to lol at fingerless gloves! Mary, do you have another busy weekend coming up? No big plans for valentine's day, the following week is our anniversary and we are going to try to go out to dinner (ankle brace and all!)

HI ladies! Today did ICE BC. Ronne, do you wear the gloves in the house? Lisa, you could come here and stick your feet in the snow?! Hello to everyone else! Have to get youngest to work, then pick up the twins. Good night to all! Mary

Hello

Lisa - smart move! Good that you're getting better. Patience!

Mary - yes I do! I like to think of myself as a tortured writer starving in an attic! When it gets a bit hard to type cos of the cold, that's when I get them out. Saves putting the heating on!

RWH CST done. DH was working at home, he had to go in the kitchen cos he couldn't concentrate with me grunting!
Got neighbours coming for dinner tomorrow night. I'm making dark chocolate and cinnamon pots. Will have to do some cleaning tomorrow.
Oh and I'm also going for a facial tomorrow, using a gift voucher I got for my birthday last year.
Have a good one whatever you're up to.

Hello!

Looks like everyone's had a busy weekend!
No workouts for me, enjoyed dinner on Saturday night. Our neighbours are moving away which is a shame, they're really nice.
Did no blasts premix of RWH UB circuit. Recommend it for a short day when you don't want to work too hard.
DD is on half term this week so work will be a bit erratic.
We're off to Bristol for the day tomorrow, a bit of sightseeing, lunch, museum, shopping etc.

Ronne, I'll have to check out that PM! GS back and shoulders today. Saving biceps for another day. Taking it easy this week (was hoping to walk but I'm still resting this ankle until PT on Thursday). I've vowed to be very careful with this recovery and go to PT as long as they say (as long as it doesn't get worse like last time).

HI girls! Today did a Jari workout, yesterday strung together the floor work from B&G, GS legs, and PUB, Saturday did RWH ÜB circuit. Hope everyone had a good weekend, Saturday we went to friends house for valentines dinner, so good! Ronne, hope your new neighbors are just as amazing as the old! Lisa, hopefully this PT will be better! Hello to everyone else, kids off school today, have to find some fun! See you Wednesday! Mary

Hi everyone

Well we didn't make it out. DD is ill with a bad cold so I've spent the day working and got some yoga in instead!

Lisa - yes, I thought of you when I was doing it. Right up your street at the moment, I'd think.

Mary - wow, that's a lot of floor workout. I bet your butt was talking to you after!

No workouts, just trying to clean up parts of the house that's been neglected for too long. I did get quite hot and had to step outside to cool off so I'm counting it as a workout! Ronne, I think you're the only one who likes yoga in this group! Mary, how's the butt?

Hi all. No work out for me today. Lazy. I saw the doctor the other day and the doctor gave me the go ahead to do more exercises - no restrictions, just go slow. I was happy about that. Now if I can get the chemo to stop draining me...

Waves to all.

HI girls! Today did To the Max, no core, always seems like that one flys by because of how it's broken up. Murphy, how many more rounds do you have to get? I understand the fatigue is overwhelming? I hope you feel better soon. Lisa, PT tomorrow? Hope this one helps! Ronne, hope DD feels better fast! Where's Roxie? Have to run and do some work things! Have a good day! Mary

GS CT minus push-ups because I just felt like a cranky old lady that was asserting her grumpiness! I walked down the street yesterday for about 200 ft and 200 ft back, then DH took Suki for a walk, she kept looking back and waiting for me to join them, broke my heart! Murphy, hang in there! Why is it always us having a body issue? I say tag it's time for someone else to have a go at it! Did I say I was cranky? Mary,, I'm ready for PT and for it to work! My foot did ok yesterday but I'm thankful for the good anti inflammatory meds

ETA: walked around my street, a whole quarter of a mile! Walking felt easier than yesterday.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I never made it here yesterday, the day just got away from me. Did RWH LB Circuit yesterday and a core and abs premix from KCM Slim Sculpting today. Going out tonight with friend to eat, looking forward to it! Wine, food and chat!

Lisa - well done on the workout - that's not crankiness just being sensible! ;) Glad to hear you're getting up and about.

Mary - you're racking up the workouts at the moment, aren't you? Another tough one!

Murphy - good to see you!

GS biceps and icy core 2. Foot feels pretty good, let's hope it stays that way after pt! Massage tomorrow and I need it! My lower back is so stiff! Ronne, that sounds like a great time! I need to get together with my BFF but she's so busy with work.

Write up on my PT:
Hi girls, well I went to the PT place where I went for my neck. The only thing I didn’t like about them is the # of appts they had me going -- after a while it felt fruitless. At $40 a pop, one starts looking at value/add. So I went in knowing I’ll be having quite a few appts to pay for but there is no other way out of this so I’m going 2x a week again.

So the therapist I saw was very nice and is starting me off slow. She didn’t have me do nearly the things the other one had me do to evaluate because she didn’t want me to have any pain (guess the other one didn’t care). She was amazed at the strength of band they had me on before and said that they must not have thought it was as bad as it was (grrrrrrr, I don't go to a dr unless it’s bad! NOR DO I get a SCOOTER at Disney World!). I’d say I’m finally back to where I was when I went to PT the first time except I think it’s a bit more swollen along the tendon. Anyway, I don't have the range of motion in the left ankle (that’s how it was first of Jan too), so she’s starting me off only with the towel stretch, ankle circles and abc’s. She wants to do dry needling next time (she explained it like accupunture but the needles go in just to signal to the body that there is an irritant and to send the healing signals). So, I positive experience except I’m going 2x a week. I’m not surprised and have vowed to do what I need to get better.

Oh, she said that to be careful on the walking (I walked 1/4 mile yesterday) because I’m walking like a peg leg and that’s gonna mess with my back and hips.;…uh, it already is, I’m so ready for Kristi tomorrow.

Also she looked at the bottom of my shoes and sees how both are worn on the outside only and said they’ll be trying to correct that thru physical therapy. I didn’t know they could do that, so we’ll see…..
Looked up dry needling. Last QA on this page seems to address exactly my problem (
Acute and chronic tendonitis
Athletic and sports-related overuse injuries)
http://www.physicaltherapyfirst.com/services/dryneedling/

Last edited:
Hi all

Lisa- sounds like you'll be getting some thorough advice and help. Fingers crossed!

No workout for me today. Parents have arrived for the weekend. Just been out with DD all day, been to an exhibition and did a bit of shopping.
We're all going out for dinner on Sunday night for DD's birthday. She'll be 15 on Monday. Can't believe it!
Have a nice weekend everyone.

Hello ladies! Got busy yesterday, never made it here. Yesterday did PH, today did TB. Ronne, 15! Doesn't time fly? Can she drive at 16? Enjoy your folks! Lisa, this lady sounds much more sensible! Hello to all! Have to go get the kids! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.