calorie burn with Fitbit charge HR

gonnabea5

Cathlete
i am amazed at the few calories my Fitbit calculates with my workouts.

I did tabacize today. and it says I burned 276!!!!!!! are you kiding me? yesterday I did all of LIC and it said I burned 373!!!!

comments please!!!

I sooooo wanted to get a Fitbit but I read the reviews. Didn't get it!!! I've heard time and again that the calorie burn is grossly underestimated. I have a Polar FT4. It works fine but I'm really interested in the Fitbit capabilities of tracking steps, calories in and burned, sleep etc. I like the idea of syncing it onto another device and seeing a graph of my workouts. All of this is not on my polar but....I read somewhere that the Fitbit is really best used for runners. I hope others chime in too.

I sooooo wanted to get a Fitbit but I read the reviews. Didn't get it!!! I've heard time and again that the calorie burn is grossly underestimated. I have a Polar FT4. It works fine but I'm really interested in the Fitbit capabilities of tracking steps, calories in and burned, sleep etc. I like the idea of syncing it onto another device and seeing a graph of my workouts. All of this is not on my polar but....I read somewhere that the Fitbit is really best used for runners. I hope others chime in too.

when I research I wasn't concerned abou calorie burn. I wanted these things listed above and I love it for that. but having a lower count on calorie makes me strive to eat less. lol

I have a Fitbit Flex and never look at the cal burn :p I make sure I get my 10K in every day :) I always aim for 15K-20K a day.

I use a Fitbit One and love the step and floor tracking, but I also have a Wahoo Chest Strap for my Cathe workouts, and the calorie counts are amazingly close to the calorie burns lists on the Cathe Workout Manager. I also enjoy the burn and burst counts Wahoo supplies. But still, I must try to control those calories!

I just saw today that Polar has a new wrist strap that is supposed to track everything-Polar A360 I think? I don't know much about it-maybe check that out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.