Calculating STS Results/Gains

mrsctoo

Cathlete
Hello all STS veterans,
Is there a shortcut to calculating gains? Or do I simply go through each exercise/workout and look at where I started and where I am now? Do I take the 1RM test for everything all over again?? It doesn't seem fair to compare what I was lifting in Meso 1 and 2 with what I did in Meso 3 because the reps are so few and I can lift so much more. I'm confused and need a little advice. I was hoping to find a little button on the Workout Manager that would do this for me. :)
Thanks to all/any that respond.
- Valerie

Not sure whether this answers your question, but if you put the actual weights you use into the workout manager, to replace what you 'should' use for a given exercise, the wm will reverse engineer your 1 rm.

So, say I was supposed to do back squats at 100# for a given rep range, but I managed 110#, when I enter that in the wm, it will calculate a new 1rm.

Does that help, or even make sense?

Is there a shortcut to calculating gains? Or do I simply go through each exercise/workout and look at where I started and where I am now? Do I take the 1RM test for everything all over again?? It doesn't seem fair to compare what I was lifting in Meso 1 and 2 with what I did in Meso 3 because the reps are so few and I can lift so much more. I'm confused and need a little advice. I was hoping to find a little button on the Workout Manager that would do this for me. :)
Thanks to all/any that respond.

That does make sense. I have been tracking with the WM. I will take a closer look.

To gauge a measurable gain, It makes sense to track the weight for exercises such as: Barbell Row, deadlift with Barbell, squat with barbell, Biceps curl with barbell and overhead press. There is not many exercises for meso 3, week 4. Those are the one you need to track back to estimate your strength gain. Did you not write down the weight load on your note book during meso 3. At that point normally you should see if you have lifted more than week 1.

That said you can also track back from Workout manager. For each exercise listed above...For example#178 Barbell curl you can click on one rep max, click on the right end side of the screen on exercise number, scroll down looking for #178, click on view. This will give you the one rep max history. This gives you the answer to your question, you could see how the load has incremented. There is no pourcentage though.HTH

Last edited:
So I just did XTrain Burn Sets - Bi's, Tri's and Shoulders and boy was this a different experience since completing STS! I was really able to see my gains - with some exercises more than others. However, XTrain Core 1 also reminded me that I neglected my core work during STS as well. Gotta get on that.
For example (first number will be pre-STS and second post-STS)
Standing Overhead Press double arm - 15 lbs. /20 lbs.
Single Arm Lateral Raise - 10 lbs./12 lbs.
Single Arm Rear Delt Fly - 15 lbs./17.5 lbs. (might try 20's next time)
Standing Dumbbell Curl - 15 lbs./20 lbs.
Simultaneous Rotational Curl - 15 lbs./17.5 lbs.
Seated Concentration Curl - 15 lbs./20 lbs.
Flat Bench Tricep Extension (no change) - 15 lbs./15 lbs.
Kickback One Arm - 12 lbs./15 lbs.

I have also noted increase in DB deadlifts - went from 20 lbs. dumbbells to 25 lbs. dumbbells. DB Squats and lunges are up from 25 lbs. to 30 lbs.

STS is just awesome. So happy I made the time investment and saw it all the way through. Thanks for all the encouragement on the Forum as well!!

So I just did XTrain Burn Sets - Bi's, Tri's and Shoulders and boy was this a different experience since completing STS! I was really able to see my gains - with some exercises more than others. However, XTrain Core 1 also reminded me that I neglected my core work during STS as well. Gotta get on that.
For example (first number will be pre-STS and second post-STS)
Standing Overhead Press double arm - 15 lbs. /20 lbs.
Single Arm Lateral Raise - 10 lbs./12 lbs.
Single Arm Rear Delt Fly - 15 lbs./17.5 lbs. (might try 20's next time)
Standing Dumbbell Curl - 15 lbs./20 lbs.
Simultaneous Rotational Curl - 15 lbs./17.5 lbs.
Seated Concentration Curl - 15 lbs./20 lbs.
Flat Bench Tricep Extension (no change) - 15 lbs./15 lbs.
Kickback One Arm - 12 lbs./15 lbs.

I have also noted increase in DB deadlifts - went from 20 lbs. dumbbells to 25 lbs. dumbbells. DB Squats and lunges are up from 25 lbs. to 30 lbs.

STS is just awesome. So happy I made the time investment and saw it all the way through. Thanks for all the encouragement on the Forum as well!!

Valerie, thanks for sharing your strength gains with us. You have very well:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.