Damage Control August!!!

Beth-B-Fit

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

I thought I would get the thread going since I'm off and it's August, already!

Today I start week 3 of the Bulk workouts. I'm planning on doing Chest and then later a cardio-either a bike ride or tabatacise.

Tina, hope you do get a few rides in this weekend!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Thursday was a 3.5 mile run in the morning. It was nice to be able to run in the morning before work. I haven't had that opportunity for the past year. Friday was the last disc of meso 2, back & biceps. This morning, my cousin and her daughter did the color run in Denver. Other than having to be up super early, it was a lovely morning.

I'm boxing up some books and other household items for donation. DH and I are also going to sit down and determine what we want to update on the house, what we can do ourselves and what we need to hire out. I feel like we are making progress once we get going on some of this work. I have to schedule the cement work to be done. Next we are scheduling a meeting with contracting company to get estimates on the 3 bathrooms and potentially the kitchen. The kitchen will be last to be updated. Once we have some numbers, we can create a budget and timeline.

Beth-enjoy your weekend!!! I plan on riding my bike either tomorrow morning or later tonight.

bbl to see what everyone else it up to! Hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

Good Morning Ladies,

What's everyone have on tap for today? I'm trying to decide between going to the class at the gym, Imax 3, or go for a 15 mile ride.

Next will be errands, house cleaning etc.

Happy Sunday!

bbl

I ended up doing Muscle Max and Step Blast. The lawn is mowed and laundry is done. I only saw 2 snakes in the backyard today. The neighbor came by to warn me of his hornets nest in his tree. He wanted to make sure I knew it was there before I started mowing. It's huge, but they didn't bother me. He's calling the City tomorrow to have someone come take it down.

Off to buy some new sneakers and print cartridges!

bbl

Yesterday was a 50+ mile bike ride and then a 90 min. kayak, which ended up being a workout as the tide was going out and we were paddling against it. Today was another 50+ bike ride and I ended up bonking on the last 10 miles. DH biked ahead to save the puppy from the crate, as he really shouldn't be left in there for more than three hours during the day. I took a one mile short cut and actually beat him home. I think I may have had heat exhaustion as I had to fight not being sick. The Irish in me doesn't take to the heat very well.

Diana, your day sounds crazy! Do you use a push mower or a ride on? We have a HUGE wasps nest on our a-dormer, which DH knocked off with a garden hose on Tuesday and it has already been built back to watermelon size. :eek: Are you still thinking of moving or are you going to fix up and stay?

Beth, thanks for starting a new thread. :) Did you get out on the bikes? I love how we're all doubling up on workouts lately. How many weeks of Bulk do you have? Is it a three month program all together?

LL, how was your weekend?

Hi all, I can't believe it's Monday, already. The weekend flew by. Sat. was chest and a walk. Sun was legs and cleaning. My legs are sore today-in a good way, of course! Phase 2 (bulk) is 5 weeks long. The total program is 12 weeks-but it has taken me 10 days to get through a couple of weeks so it'll probably take me 15 weeks to finish!

Have you guys heard about this Marie Kondo's book about decluttering around your house? It basically says to let go of anything that doesn't give you joy. I'm assuming that it lets you keep things you need like spoons and coffee cups. It's to help you get rid of the excess stuff (like all the extra coffee mugs). Anyway...DH and I started in a corner of the basement and are working our way around down there first to get rid of all the clutter. I'm liking it...we're gearing up for a yard sale-maybe in Oct.

Tina, I bet those wasps just want to be part of your pack...with the chicks,dogs, etc.! You got some great rides in! My legs were too tired yesterday, but DH went.

Diana, what are the new sneakers for? Are you tri training with that girl you ran into? Are you feeling like you're settling into work?

I relaxed quite a bit this past weekend. I'm reading 2 really good books-one for book club and one for me. It's been really nice weather and I lay on my swing out on the back porch for hours in the mornings before the sun gets there.

I love summer!

Beth

I'm doing a series mix this week. RWH for M/T/W and then BC and ME the end of the week. I didn't finish the Intensity series last week. This morning was HCUB and tonight was LIHI CS&T. Tomorrow will be HCLB and LIHI legs in the evening if we aren't able to bike. The weather tomorrow looks like possible storms all day.

Beth, I could really benefit by reading that decluttering book you're using. I get overwhelmed when I try to really do a massive heave hoe. We need to rent a big ol' dumpster and just fill that sucker up. We usually put things out on the curb about once a month. Funny what people will pick up. In May, someone actually took the wooden "free" sign that DH put out there. What is the other book you're reading? I just picked up The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson. I need a good thriller.

LL and Diana, what are you up to? BBL to check in. :)

Hi all,

Yesterday was Arms, walked, and yoga. My SIL is in town and went to yoga with me. It was so nice. DH cooked us all a nice dinner to have after yoga and we stayed up until after 10 talking. Today is supposed to be cardio. It'll either be a bike ride if it's not raining or KPC with gloves. My thighs are still sore from legs on Sunday!

We're off to get new tires for our commuting college student. From there we're going to Corning, NY to Wegman's-a higher end grocery store than we have here in town.

Tina, I love a good thriller! I'm putting that Swanson book in my cart on Amazon. The last thriller I read was Dark Places by the author of Gone Girl. Gone Girl was much better. I'm still reading The Boneclocks and The Human Stain. HS is dense and it's taking me a long time! I have until the 24th, but don't think I'll finish it for book group.

I can't believe someone took the sign?! Putting things on the curb once a month is a great start! If we'd have been doing that we wouldn't have so much to go through in the basement!

Have good workouts everyone!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Monday was a rest day, other than walking at getting in my 10K steps. By the way, I've consistently met or exceeded my 10K daily steps for the past 2 weeks. This morning was a 4.5 mile run. I'm really enjoying being able to run in the morning before work. I hope to ride my bike tonight for 12-16 miles. Just to get the riding feel back in my legs...and butt.

I have the triathlon coming up this weekend. I will get through it, but it definitely won't be my best time. My cousin and I are doing a mud run/obstacle course on the 29th of this month. Then we have 7K in September, and I signed up for a 15K in October. I'm sure I'll find a turkey trot to do in November and will just need to find something for December to complete my goal participating in at least one event per month.

I found a website years ago that focuses on decluttering, flylady.net. Click on the Getting Started link at the top. She talks about only spending 15 minutes a day decluttering.

Tina-wow, a 50 mile bike ride and 90 minutes kayaking...I'd say you are in ideal shape for endurance racing! My body can't handle the heat very well either. I noticed this significantly after I turned 40. Now that I'm almost 50, I prefer fair weather running/biking etc. I have a push mower, my yard isn't that big. It takes about 45 minutes to mow the front and the back. We are planning on updating our house, then selling. Once the builder is at the closeout phase, we will see if they have any of the specific model we want. This way we don't have to put down/risk the 20K, and we can update and/or make any necessary repairs. I've called to schedule the cement work.

Beth-how nice that your SIL could go with you to yoga! You are quite the reader. My DH, DS2 and DS3 are avid readers. They often share books they enjoy with each other. Sore tired legs are the sign of a great workout!!! Keep up the good work. I can't believe someone took the sign. UGH.

LL-what are you up to.

bbl

Yesterday was LIH#2 and ME in the morning and LIHI BSB in the evening. I'm taking this morning off to clean the basement and will hopefully get a good bike ride in tonight. The weather is cool and dry, so it should be a quick ride.

Diana, your hiking plan sounds like so much fun! Way to go on your daily steps! :)

LL, I hope your little one is feeling better. Before you know it you'll be telling that story when the kids are old and laugh about it. :)

Beth, the Human Stain looks like a tough read, how are you liking it? I've been being naughty and watching TV before bed instead of reading. I need to get back to my routine.

BBL to check in. Off to scrub, scrub, scrub.

Oops! I was still posting in July. I'll copy them in. We were in the ER on Monday. Ugh.

I just finished Intensity. I don't think I've ever done that one in its entirety! Holy cow is that tough! I've done various premixes and once I tried to do the Maximum intensity premix and fizzed at 30 min! I thought I was going to die at around the 30 min mark and then during the first HiiT but then glad I kept going because the low HiiT seemed like almost a break! I didn't want to do STS TB right after 4D K with legs and abs.

From Saturday:
I did X10 Fat Burning Circuit this morning.

Tina- you have zoo over there! Love it! 4 dragons! I would love to see what they look like. My step is the old Firm Box and only does 6", 14" and angled. My 2 older boys come home today! Yay!

From Monday:
Spent the afternoon at the DuPont ER. I did get in RWH plyo 1 in before B started annoying CDawg who physically tried to stop him. B retaliated by throwing a cup at CDawg as C was closing a door. The cup bounced off the door into Little K's head, big gash, sedated stitches. He bled on me and then later threw up on me later, hopefully due to the meds not a concussion.

I'm going to try the August rotation, I put it in my calendar in wo manager, with modifications for GS upper body stuff, slow and heavy, high reps, rock out knock out and pedal power. We will see how it goes as I may need to just do 30 min workouts this week.

Tuesday:
I didn't have have rotation suggestion of Petal Power so I did Rhythmic Step, I forgot how tough this was, it starts out easy but after about 25 min I was dripping and at 50 min I was ready to be done! So fun thought! Tomorrow is 4D Kickbox. Hopefully I can get to it. b's party is tomorrow afternoon and I still have to ice his big cookie which I made tonight first thing in the morning, hopefully after my wo!

Little K is fine and so is everyone else. No pool for him for 2 weeks!! And part of the discipline for CDawg and B is no swimming for 2 weeks too and helping/serving Little ask daily until he is better and cleaning up the blood on the rug in the upstairs hallway.

Yesterday or I should say at 1am
Diana- 21DF food is going terrible! Pizza and cookie cake today for B's late bday party. But I've been working out most days. And no more pool days for 2 weeks from Monday night because of Little K's stitches.
emoji24.png

Tonight I got in 4D Kickbox, way more fun than I remember! Tomorrow is STS Total body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

No workout to report for yesterday or today. Yesterday I visited with DH in the morning before he left for work. My intention was to run this morning, laid out my clothes and shoes so they were ready to go. Unfortunately I didn't sleep very well and didn't have the energy for it. If I didn't have to be at work, I could've just done some chores around the house and then ran. I just needed some extra time to wake up this morning. Regardless, I've been making sure to walk at lunch or in the evening to meet my 10K steps.

I've pretty much decided against doing the tri this weekend. I haven't done any open water swimming at all. I'm already quite nervous about the open water swimming even with practice. I haven't heard back from the gal about riding together or anything. She wanted to, but hasn't firmed up the details.

It's almost time to start Meso 3. I think I'll do that tomorrow. Perhaps a run or ride followed by STS.

LL-Woo Hoo for Intensity!!!! I love that workout, it's super fun. The first 30 minutes are pretty tough, but it calms down a bit after that. STS total body is a goody too. I like the legs only premix. Sorry you are struggling with the 21 day fix. I recently read an article that made sense to me. It basically said that we need to make our nutrition a priority. Once we do that, eating right will come naturally. It hasn't happened for me yet, but I track all my food in MFP and try to stick to 1400-1500 calories. Chocolate is my downfall. We still have to enjoy life.

Tina-I'm pretty sure cleaning a basement counts as exercise, nice try though! :) I wish I could just work out between 8-9am, that would work great for me. That just isn't possible though.

Beth-you must be busy at work.

bbl

Hi ladies,

Yeah...I made it through my last 12 hour shift! DH does not want me working them...just not worth it. They called Thursday for me to do it today and it basically ruined Thursday and Friday-Thursday-thinking about it and Friday actually doing it! I have to learn to say NO! DH says not to bail out the company anymore and maybe they'll learn! Anyway-today was obviously a rest day for me. I did take a 30 minute walk after work-but nothing hardcore. Yesterday I did Beast Bulk Shoulders and then Plyo HiiT 1. I liked PH1 much better than PH2. It seemed to flow better. I do feel though like I'm still getting to know the whole RWH series.

Glad to see you're listening to your body, Diana! Mess 3 workouts are almost too long for me. Until I fully retire-like in 15 years- I don't know if I can put the time into STS that I feel it deserves! I find it very draining. I might do just Meso 2 this winter. It's my favorite of the series.

LL, don't you just love x10?! I did PH1 yesterday and the warm up reminded me of X10. So much fun!

I work all weekend, so no biking for me. Tina, the weather looks good for you, though!

Beth

Did HiiT 30/30 today followed by STS TB premix single sets 45 min this morning. Tomorrow I'll try to get in LIS Yoga Relax and Ab Circuits no equipment abs. :)

Diana- yes, I need to make nutrition a priority. I have been eating many sweets daily and wasn't tracking. Today I tracked in both WW and MFP and I was way over for both, 70some points (should be 26) and ate around 2200-2300cal today. So when I put in my exercise, I was still over 400cal or so. :( I need to make a plan and stick to it! I printed out my home made menu template, but I feel I need to go back and use the 21DF one, but maybe I'm just trying too hard? I don't know. But I'm up to 174.2 now!!! Tomorrow is another day. And I need to stop making any baked goods for a while. :( But I need to make zucchini bread with my zucs and noodles with them!

Beth-I do love X10! I don't know if I've done all the workouts in there. I think I tried to do 3 of them in one of the premixes and I think I fizzled out at 2!

Hi Ladies,

I think I'm losing my mojo. Yesterday-I watched a bunch of my recordings and did laundry. I just didn't feel like working out. Today, I made myself do CLB and STS disc 25-C&B. I just hate having to get the bar up on the power tower and down every single time-ugh. Although I like the time I lifting, I seem to get bored during the downtime between sets. Sorry for being such a whiner. I may have to do the longer w/o's in the evening and do a short cardio in the morning. Something to think about.

The gal who contacted me about the tri, finally called me last night about carpooling to the tri this morning. I told her I decided not to do it since I haven't done any open water swimming. She was very nice about it. She lives and works near me so we hope to get together to ride bikes and run.

Beth-great job with your w/o! I am still learn RWH, I haven't done them consistently. Perhaps that should be my next rotation. They are short enough to do before work. Meso 2 is my favorite too!

LL-Great w/o!! I'm struggling right along with you. I know what I need to do, I'm just not doing it. I've been eating those mini hershey bars in the afternoons. I need to get back to drinking tea instead of eating chocolate. That really wouldn't be too bad, except I'm also eating my dark chocolate in the evening. I need to break the afternoon habit ASAP. Before braces I would eat my apple w/almond butter. Apples are on the do not eat list for a few more weeks. Once I get the heavier arch wire, I should be able to eat apples-cut up of course.

Waving Hi to Tina-you must be out on your bike!

I did ab circuits no equipment today with yoga relax timesaver 28 min.

Hi to all that follow! I'm going to try to go to bed now!

Hi all,

I did the Beast all weekend after taking Friday off. Sat. was Chest followed by Intensity Step portion only premix. You guys talking about Intensity made me want to do it! Sunday was Legs with extra stretches.

Diana, sometimes I don't feel like working out either! I usually start something and if after a few minutes am not enjoying it, will quit. Maybe your body was telling you that you needed a rest day. You do a lot of advanced workouts with STS and then running and Cathe and BR! Plus, aren't you glad your laundry is caught up?! Our hormones are changing now, maybe some extra chocolate helps! I've been having hot flashes every day for the past few months. Sometimes I need more chocolate than others!

Yesterday at work there were some caramels-the bullseye ones. I ate one and it tasted so artificial to me. It's the first time that ever happened...I usually love caramels! This whole eating less processed foods lately seems to be changing my palate. I just found that interesting.

Today I have planned to catch up the housework, do Bulk Arms, and relax at yoga tonight. What am I making for dinner? I don't know...am going to the store as well!

BBL,

Beth

Let's see, Thursday was a 40 mile ride, Friday was Amy Bento's Body Box and MM upper body only premix, Saturday was X10 Step, and yesterday was a 58 mile ride. I'm way behind on my August miles, usually it's the month I put the most miles on during the year. This week will be a mix of CM, TTM, and Amy Bento in the a.m. and GS's with DH. I'm nearly finished with the series rotation. I cannot wait to get back to STS!

Diana, the last time I did Meso 3, I added in standing legs lifts during between sets. I could get about 16 reps on each leg, or a 32 count inner thigh set. I don't enjoy just sitting idle while waiting for the next set to start. How is the new job going?

Beth, you're rocking the workouts lately! We've been trying to eat cleaner too. I'm a label reading Ninja. I've been skipping the center isles at the store most of the summer. My guilty pleasure right now are the new thin Oreo cookies. They do not fall into the non-processed food category, but are about the most delicious chemical concoction ever!

LL, I like your 30/30-STS TB premix workout. I'll have to try that one soon. How is your little one doing? Have they removed the stitches yet?

Tina, they are dissolvable stitches so we don't have to go back unless I feel like we need too. He's fine, running around like nothing happened. I just feel bad because he keeps asking to go to the pool and he has to wait another week to go into one. [emoji17]. Your workouts always amaze me!

I'm feeling exhausted but my Fitbit tells me I slept a little over 8 hrs last night. But I've been averaging just under 7 hrs. The kids just came in asking for a bike ride! I need to start moving and see if I can! GS Legs is on tap for today along with a bunch of phone calls I need to make and figure out what to do for Hubby's bday tomorrow. He has to work until normal time 5:30 or later and the B has practice 6-8. So I don't know if we are going to do much of anything. [emoji17] I would like to take his bike to get fixed, the front break is busted and maybe get to Michaels to see if we can do something creative. I wish I had my wo finished already. I kinda just want to stay in bed and read!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.