Adding calories

Not Lucy, but I do eat sardines! I love the sardines packed in oil. I smash them in the can with a fork and then dump them into a big bowl of mixed greens/veggies. I choose the kind packed in olive oil for the added fats (I eat lots of fat in my diet) and because then that serves as the protein + the salad dressing (although sometimes I do add a squirt of yellow mustard as well). Throw in some almonds or other nuts/seeds, a dash of black pepper, and it's one of my favorite salad combos. I also enjoy eating the smashed sardines mixed with grilled veggies. I find that when they are smashed it makes it more like canned tuna or canned salmon...no fish faces staring back at you!

Lisa

You post is funny.

lol Lisa, what is wrong with fish face:D:D

You have made me fancy trout today, a grilled one with the face ;-)
I shall remember to add a squirt of dijon mustard ha ha ha.

As anyone had success with adding more calories to their daily I take and finally getting results? I've had people tell me for years to eat more and I'm finally biting the bullet and will slowly increase my calories bc I'm not getting results with my usual super low intake

Yes, I have. I dieted, lost a lot of weight, then began exercising and lost more weight. Hit an atrocious plateau. I followed reverse dieting (and still do) to slowly but surely improve my metabolism. It does take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to reset your body, and there may be some times when you gain a little before losing more. That's the price to pay for long-term metabolic health, IMHO. I can attest that reverse dieting really does the trick over time, though.

http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/reverse-dieting-what-it-is-and-why-you-should-try-it

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.