Imax 3

KC5689

Cathlete
Hi All,

I was thinking about that workout. I don't think I've pulled that one out in maybe 5 yrs! All of those plyo moves and just the intensity of it seems unnecessary now. This could be because I'm 40 now and a bit out of shape..lol.

Who still does Imax 3?

KC

Last edited:
I still do it too! I really enjoy the Imax wkouts. They offer an amazing challenge. There are days that I need to modify some moves and I admit days where I need a breather during the blasts. But when I manage to get through without changing anything , its great!! By the way.....I'm 49. Go for it!

I like this one a great deal - awesome music, awesome energy. If you don't like the plyo moves, you could modify those in the intervals. Do air squats instead of tuck jumps, maybe keep a kettlebell nearby and do some swings as a sub . . . .that way you can do it w/o the dread factor for you.

-Stephanie

My favorite is IMAX1, where there are modifications and Hope ends up doing them in a couple intervals. Also, there is minimal choreography in IMAX1 so you can really focus.

I tried IMAX3 once and got frustrated with the first combo/interview. Too much choreography for me. I will give the workout another try eventually. It's in my pile with Step Moves and PRS#1 (maybe after I retire and have more time).

IMAX2 is good, too, but again, I would rather avoid choreography during the blasts. I didn't find that workout frustrating or difficult to master, unlike IMAX3.

I love IMAX 3, but have been doing Tabatacise instead lately. I find IMAX 3 the toughest Cathe dvd for me. I still have to stop and take an extra breath more frequently after the 6th or 7th interval.

I just did it this morning. I am pleased to say, since the last time I did it (Oct 2011) I have improved my cardio and I am totally surprised how well I did. I credit Crossfire, To The Max, X10 premix #77, Hitt (all 3 workouts in one session) and Tabatacise for pushing my cardio endurance. It just goes to show you that you can improve with age, especially when one quits smoking and loses 50 plus pounds!!

I finally picked up IMAX 3 when I ordered Ripped with HiiT. I love it! I also credit To the Max and X10 as increasing my fitness level and I had no problem with the moves. I was thinking about doing the premix of all the blasts for a "fun" high intensity workout as an add on to a steady state step day.

Beth

ps. Poohpeggy: I grew up with daschunds...yours is sooo cute!

imax3

Imax3

I have previously posted my thoughts about Imax3 but I will re-iterate.

I was frightened to try imax3:D:D:D:D:D:. Two years after having fun doing imax2 and other cathe's dvd I decided to add imax3. I tried it as soon as I received it. It then became my number one" reach for" when I need a serious step/ plyos challenge. I love plyos. Music is great and I always look forward to interval 7.

I love cathe's quotes during IMAX..." Ah legs are burning:);)"
At the end, I always remember jay's smile....It was probably a smile of disbelief on how cathe came up with such a fun fun fun killer workout:):)

Hi All,

I was thinking about that workout. I don't think I've pulled that one out in maybe 5 yrs! All of those plyo moves and just the intensity of it seems unnecessary now. This could be because I'm 40 now and a bit out of shape..lol.

Who still does Imax 3?

KC

I have only done it a couple of times since getting it in the pre-sale. I found that I didn't like the ratios in it, i.e., Cathe demands huge intensity, yet the music and fun factor are not there to encourage me to give my all and beyond. Music is a massive motivating factor, as all current research supports. So, I agreed with you several years ago: the intensity and hard core plyo moves do seem unnecessary, they always did.

I do Imax 2 regularly because the ratios there are perfect: excellent moves, challenging and some choreography, but massively motivating music so the fun factor of the workout is high and I feel a great pay-off every time I do it. Imax 2 releases endorphins: Imax 3 just made me feel wrung out, without the mental buoyancy pay-off.

Clare

plyo

Hi All,

Who still does Imax 3?

KC[/QUOTE

Exercisers regardless of the age (considering the form is correct) do benefit from performing ploys. Plyos do build bones density. Results do more aestically appear later on during aging process. So it's not just about looks gaining slimmer, cut and tones legs:p;).This is good news for us having fun doing them.

Plyo---strong bones, lean and cut legs who would not want that:rolleyes:

High intensity bring fun into a workout, that is my opinion. It's not everyone taste.;):):) intensity bring result therefore it is necessary. Plus it brings challenge.

Cathe Friedrich - The Benefits of High-Step Workouts - Cathe Friedrich

Happy ploys to all;)

I'm not great at step and don't like when my heartrate comes down for that long but I do like the premix with just the intensity blasts. Then again I'm like Nathalie and love plyos!:D

I also like the Hardcore Extreme dvd. My fav. is the one where you combine IMAX 3 with Kickmax plus the leg cond. at the end. So this way you don't have to do the whole IMAX 3 but just enough then also the blasts from Kickmax. LOVE IT!!!! I'm plan on doing this one today.

Imax 3 is a Cathe classic, is there any jumping she doesn't do in this one? If I had the workout blender I would make a circuit workout alternating Imax 3 with Kickmax, they would go so good together.

Might have to work up to that one!

Hi All,

Who still does Imax 3?

KC

Funny, I just did that one the other day after a few years of other cardio and what a surprise! I was thinking it would be easier than some of the other HIIT routines I've been doing, but whoa! It is a good one. I plan on doing it at least once a week for awhile to get to the same point I was when I put it down thinking it had become too easy.

I plan on doing it at least once a week for awhile to get to the same point I was when I put it down thinking it had become too easy.

:rolleyes:o_O
Please let us how many session of IMAX3 you do to reach that point!
I can recall doing it for 4 or 6 weeks with a frequency of once per week.
That point must be a great cardio conditionning level.:eek:

I <3 imaxes

Imax 3 is a Cathe classic, is there any jumping she doesn't do in this one? If I had the workout blender I would make a circuit workout alternating Imax 3 with Kickmax, they would go so good together.

Might have to work up to that one!
If you have Cathe's Hardcore Extreme dvd, it mixes IMAX 3 and Kickmax. Love that workout. You do 3 IMAX intervals with blasts, 5 kickmax blasts, 3 more IMAX, the last 5 kickmax blasts, then ends with the kickmax leg conditioning. There are also 2 other workouts on that dvd.

If you have Cathe's Hardcore Extreme dvd, it mixes IMAX 3 and Kickmax. Love that workout. You do 3 IMAX intervals with blasts, 5 kickmax blasts, 3 more IMAX, the last 5 kickmax blasts, then ends with the kickmax leg conditioning. There are also 2 other workouts on that dvd.

That sounds like a good one ( & tough! ), I might have to get On Demand so I can try those ones I have never done. Not quite hooked up yet to do that but I wouldn't mind dropping in on a Live class now and again too. Thanks!

After reading this thread i decided to re visit this DVD. I have not done in it in probably 2 years, I was surprised at how much "muscle memory" I had!! I remember thinking this DVD was the hardest ever, after doing X10 (premix 77) and tabatacise this w/o wasn't too hard. I must have really improved my fitness level. I could never finish blast 5 before but today I did the entire blast, I was winded but not like I expected to be!! It was so fun trying this again, hopefully my knees won't be screaming at me tomorrow.

:rolleyes:o_O
Please let us how many session of IMAX3 you do to reach that point!
I can recall doing it for 4 or 6 weeks with a frequency of once per week.
That point must be a great cardio conditionning level.:eek:

I <3 imaxes
I did it again and this time it was less difficult, not easy. I think it has to do with what you did the day before. The first time I pulled it out after not doing it for a few years was later in the week after I had done several pretty exhausting workouts on the days prior. This time I did it earlier in the week before I had done my usual weekly workouts.

So, save this one for earlier in your weekly rotation I'd say.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.