Searching the Forums

Linda67

How do I search the forums? Every time I do a search I get "no results". So I put in words I know would be found like "weights" and "cardio" and still no results. What am I doing wrong?

I did post the same question yesterday. I have tried searching from a key word. I only had one post. Seems like threads dated prior to migration are not coming up.

To SNM,

I miss the search option from old forum.

How can i search for previous thread?
We use to search and advance-search inputting title, user name, key words etc....

Please help,

You have to type in more than just one word. Typing in "cardio" is too broad and would probably result in several million results and would be worthless, but you can do it. It sounds like you're using the wrong search for what you want to do. If you hover over or click the arrow on the Forums tab about two inches from the top (just under the logo) you will see the correct search for what you're trying to do. The other search is for trying to find a post by a particular person. Here is a direct link to the correct search you should be using: http://cathe.com/forum/search/?type=post

Here is the screen containing words I have input for the search:

The search option is defaulted to "most recent"

This search outcome was "not found"

upload_2014-10-24_15-54-35.png

I'm still having a problem. I've used more than one word, and actually phrases I know it should find. I'm really not liking the new forums, very difficult to navigate.

Same here. We used to search thread just typing in full title,User name etc...

You can search for a title in the new forums very easily. You just need to check the search titles box after entering the name of the thread. For example if you Type "Low Impact HiiT" and check the search titles box it will display all of the threads that have these keywords.

I have tried "Low impact Hiit" the system listed all recent post. Recent meaning after migration.

I have tried to retrieve an old post (before migration) using the key word rear delt, result came up but only post dating
after migration. As posted before searches are defaulted to most recent post. I might be doing something wrong.

upload_2014-10-28_8-33-3.png

upload_2014-10-28_8-36-51.png

I looked at this in more detail last night and the search is only working on new posts going back about a week. I just need to refresh the search cache, but I'll have to wait till later this week when server load drops to do this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.