Commit to Get Fit & Lean for October 2014

Hi Ladies! Seems like it's been a crazy October for most of us! When I got home last Friday (10th), I noticed something was very wrong with my older dog. The next day we took him to the vet and discovered he has IMHA, which is a disease where in his body destroys his red blood cells. It is a very long story, but he is doing well now. He is on about five different medications and will need to go in for blood testing regularly. This was a brutal week, taking care of myself was on the back burner. Tonight I jogged for a bit and then did a Tone it Up workout from Youtube. Trying to ease myself back into Cathe workouts!

Deb- OMG! A sting ray?!! That is so crazy! I cannot imagine the pain you went through, I'm glad you're ok.

Belinda- Sorry about the root canal. :( You also seem to be having dog issues, :(. I hope your dog is ok.

Kristin- I feel the same about HIIT workouts. Great job with All Out!

Hello to everyone else.

Jessica

'Morning!
Sorry for not checking in the past couple of days.
Belinda, your poor tooth and your poor dog! Hope he's handling it well. Did you start the new rotation yesterday?
Kristin, I know what you mean about dreading some workouts and then just not wanting to do them. Just the name tabatacize makes me dread it. Mindy Mylrea used to sell gliding discs and fitness warehouse carried some also. We get caught in traps of wanting to please and help others, and then put ourselves off to a much lower priority. It's wrong
Amelia, missing you. Hope all is well.
Jessica, aw your poor dog! How's he doing now? Life just loves to throw curve balls at us.
Deb, glad you're doing better. That certainly was scary. How is Iris? Is she still training in this area? Did she say how her mom was doing? 20K is really hard for me to do unless it is on the weekend. When we were prepping for that long walk last May, we often got it on Saturdays and Sundays, but not since then.
Okay, off t the basement or I won't get a wo in. Now I can't even remember what I put in the dvd to do today.
Cookie

Hey girls, I know - I haven't been around in a while. I honestly had nothing to report. I haven't worked out in about a month, well except the occasional walk or bike ride. But nothing really consistent.

I had two anxiety attacks about two weeks ago at work ( crawling skin, mixed emotions, very tensed up and want to cry) and I haven't really pinpointed why? I have so much going on right now that its ridiculous. I will bbl today. Right now i have to get ready for work.

Oh and my brother started his radiation last week. Poor fella has to do it for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week.

bbl

Good morning,

I will do SBF Upper Core+Cardio+Weights= 20 min + Arms w/Ball= 15 min.

Cookie - thank you! Browler is doing a little better. Yes, I started the SBF new Challenge. I am on day 2.

Kirstin - you had a root canal before? I don't know what to expect? You are one busy lady, lol.

Jessica - awww…about your dog. Glad he is doing better. I am sorry you have to go through this.

Amelia - glad your brother is doing better. Sorry about the anxiety attacks. Maybe do some walking and yoga?

I will be back later.

Good afternoon,

I am done with both workouts. Well had to take Browler to the vet this morning, I bit his stitches and draining tube. Now he has to wait 5 more day's until his drainage is completely try. Arr….little stinker.

Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BB in the morning.

Hi everyone. DAy one of DH being gone and I think I am surviving. We had steak, green beans, and butternut squash for dinner. Well one DS had a sandwich instead, but whatever. I did Lean Legs and Abs for my workout. Tomorrow night I am supposed to take Baxter to agility training, but I think I am going to skip it because I have too much on my plate. DS has baseball on Thursday and it might be too much. I don't know. We shall see.

Belinda- I did have a root canal. It is not pleasant, but I am weird about dentists to begin with, so you can't go by me. They numb you completely. I asked to be knocked out but my dentist said no, lol.

Amelia- sorry about the anxiety attacks. I think Belinda's suggestions might be good, yoga and walking.

Jessica- glad your dog is doing better. It is crazy how much we love these little guys. Mine was driving me crazy today because it was raining and he couldn't go out for a walk or anything.

Cookie- I definitely need new discs. I have been wanting to do AB, and can't because so much is on the discs. To do the moves high impact would defeat the purpose, lol.

Waving hello to Deb. Hoping you're feeling better and enjoying your vacation.

Kristin

Good morning,

I will do SBF LB Boot Camp Barre = 25 min

Kirstin - I know the root canal isn't pleasant, but it needs to be done. I never had one before and kinda don't know what to expect? I ask to be knocked out too, lol. Not a change! I wished she would. Nice job yesterday.

I will be back after my workouts. Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Good morning,

Today I will do SBF Stopwatch Planks = 15 min + Shoulders 2 = 10 min.

I will be back after my workouts. Have a great day, everyone.

Good morning,

I will do SBF LB Barre 2 = 25 min. Not sure, what else?

I will be back after my workout. Have a great Friday, everyone.

Workouts for today is done. I also did High Reps LB premix. That's it for me today.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Belinda,
Did you begin to wonder if you were talking to yourself? Sorry to have been mia but you know how life gets hectic! How's your dog and your tooth? HR has to be one of my fav strength wo from Cathe. I never think to do the lb premix tho. You are always so good at premixes.
Seems like everyone has been quite busy. My dd and her bf came in yesterday and we took them out last night to celebrate her 21st birthday. Today we are going to a wedding. Everyone has to dress up in costumes and bring food for a potluck sharing. When I first heard, I wasn't crazy for the idea since I don't like dressing up, but now I think it will be fun and like the idea of sharing food to start the couple off in a feeling of community support. Off to the grocery store to get the ingredients for the entree. We already made four loafs of bread. Getting excited about the upcoming workouts coming soon. My workouts this week have not been consistent, nor has my eating. Funny how the two go together!
Cookie

Good afternoon,

Finally got my workout in. I did SBF Triceps and shoulders 2 = 25 min.

Cookie - LOL, lately I been talking to myself a lot on here! I know, you have a hectic life. No worries. Browler was bleeding from his draining tube really bad yesterday, he is doing fine today. I am glad when he gets the stitches out. I feel bad for him, he runs into everything with that cone. Poor baby! I finally been taking the med that the doc gave me last visit. Seems to help. Hate taking meds. They do make me sleepy. I need to start making bread again. Have no energy.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi Everyone,

We just walked through the door a couple of hours ago & have been cleaning ever since. DS & gf didn't leave the house too bad but I guess certain things are more important to me. We had a really nice vacation, happy to be home but time to get back on track!! We squeezed in one last walk this morning & happy we did because so much sitting when you travel.

Lucy (granddoggie) was so happy to see us, I guess that is why we love our pets so much:)

Belinda - I hope Browler is doing better, it seems like you both have been thru a lot!

Kristin - Is the hardest thing with being home with the boy's alone the running around?

Amelia - Don't sweat it getting in walks & bike rides are great! Sorry about the anxiety attacks my Mom & cousin have had them & it's tough, hang in there.

Jessica - So sorry about your dog, it is so hard when they get sick.

Cookie - It seems like everyone is so busy. It looks like the weather is nice this weekend:)

Goodnight:)

Hi everyone. I survived a week from hell, let me tell you. I am sorry I didn't get on here, but today was my first workout since TUESDAY because I have been so shot. Wednesday was a scheduled rest day because we had Baxter's agility class. I was going to skip it, but we got such horrible rain Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and this dog needed to get his energy out, so we went. Anyway, I fell going through the course with him and landed on my right knee. Nothing damaged, except my right now is all bruised up. I don't really feel it until I go to bed and lie down on my side. It hurts! Anyway, the cute thing was, when I fell, Baxter came in between the trainer and I, as if protecting me. He didn't growl at the trainer, but her wouldn't let the trainer near me. It was as if he was saying, "Nothing to see hear, back away" lol. Thursday I was shot and got my TOTM (of course I did). Friday I chaperoned the field trip to the city (museum of nat. history). That was the day after that doctor was quarantined for having Ebola, so I was a little more apprehensive than I usually am taking 148 7th graders to the city by train and subway! I was sooooooo tired when I got home, which was six o'clock. DH was still away, so I still had one more night to play single mom. Well, my boys were arguing and bickering all night, and then I snapped because they spilled pretzels all over my freakin' bed (long story). Finally got everyone to bed, including myself but I couldn't sleep. Then Saturday, DS's friend called to see if he can play. I had his friend here, thinking it would be easier than having to take him out to his friend's house, that's how lazy I was. The boy is so polite and sweet, it really wasn't a bother, but when he left DS wanted to go to the store to buy a new wrestling figure. Is it your birthday? Did I miss something? No. Whining and complaining ensued. Finally DH comes home, but then argues with DS about why he is not buying him a new wrestling figure and I snapped again. I got into a huge fight with DH and I am kind of not talking to him now. He went with the boys to a JETS game. I was supposed to go too, but I refused. I am too freakin' tired, I hate football and I hate him right now, so no, I am not going. Instead, I stayed home. Took Baxter for a long walk. Did STS Total Body and now I am going to take the dog outside to play again and then catch up on my work, which I neglected all week because I was too damn tired! UGH! At least I feel that I am getting a reprieve from the madness today. When I am grading papers, I will put on some jazz music and enjoy not hearing anyone call my name to ask me for something for the hundredth time today!

Belinda- thanks for keeping this thread alive. I would peek in on my phone from time to time, but I would never have time to respond with all this craziness. I need a solitary vacation. I want to go on a silent retreat right now, lol.

Deb- hard doesn't even describe it. I honestly broke down and cried Friday night when I saw all the pretzel crumbs in my comfy bed that I was dreaming about getting into five minutes before it happened. I think I am such a perfectionist that I feel guilty all the time for not doing better. AKA pizza three times this week. I am my own worst critic. I wish I could silence that annoying voice in my head that is always telling me I could do better, be thinner, work harder. It is freakin' annoying.

Cookie- That wedding sounds like fun and much less expensive than a traditional wedding. I am getting excited for the new workouts too. I am going to go back to split workouts in November to get ready :).

Okay, off to grade papers in quiet with jazz in the background.

Kristin

Hi,

Today I went to the food store & farmer's market & also ran to one of my stores for an hour because needed to get some merchandise out. I made dinner for both boys & gf's & dogs. I wanted to take out some Halloween decorations but I guess that will happen the day before;)

I didn't get a workout in and am so tired so maybe tomorrow before work.

Belinda - Don't give up on us;) LOL you must be tired of doing all the talking!

Kristin - You had one tough week:(. I understand when your mind starts racing with crazy thoughts. I will try and focus on my breathing or visualize a favorite place just to get my mind off of the thoughts, it works sometimes. When we had the crisis on the beach DH kept reminding me to concentrate on my breathing and it really did help at that time. I can see Baxter is your Buddy which is awesome!

Cookie - I missed your comment about the wedding it must have been fun. What did you dress up as? I forgot DD wasn't 21 yet she seemed so mature for her age.

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

I forgot to post my workout yesterday. I walked w/ the dogs 4.5 miles and did abs + stretch.

I am up since 1 a.m.o_O Just did SBF Cardio Barre 3 = 20 min + Upper Glutes = 25 min.

Cookie - sorry, I think I missed your post about the wedding too? Hope it was fun. I don't know if I am excited or scared about the new workouts. Hope they have good premixes.

Kirstin - wow, you had a rough week. Hope this one is a better on. I agree with Debbie. Deep breathing! It will get better.

Debbie - ROFLMAO! That's it! It was nice outside, went for a long walk and relaxed.

Today I am taking Brawler to the vet to get his stitches/draining tube removed.

I will take a nap after the vet, getting tired. I will be back later.

'Morning!
Belinda, sorry the medication is making you tired. My allergies have been bothering me lately and they do that to me. Poor Browler! I'm sure he can't figure out why he has to wear the cone. He'll be so happy when it is gone.
Amelia, having the anxiety attacks must have been so frightening. Were you able to get to a doctor? Take care of yourself.
Kristin, that was a bad week. Hope the time yesterday helped. It is so draining to constantly be giving out to others, and you do that at work and at home.
Jessica, how is your dog doing? Did you go on vacation? So sweet about Baxter protecting you. Hope the soreness is gone.
Wendy, you still around?
Deb, I always have to come home and rearrange/straighten up/reorganize/whatever you might call it. My dh says I'm really just reclaiming my space when I do it! I have to remember to just take a breath sometimes (even when it is not a jellyfish). The wedding was a lot of fun. The bride and groom had gone to their friend's wedding last summer, and it was a very formal event quite different from the couple who got married. So they decided they really wanted a big party, and I have to say this was the most fun wedding I've ever gone to. I think being in costumes made it easier for me to talk to folks I didn't know, and there were a lot of really great costumes. I was a hippie and dh was a mariachi band player. Lots of folks brought food, plus a lot was catered, so we all ate a lot and had a great time.
Yesterday I flew to DC to do a presentation this morning. As soon as got to hotel, put my stuff in room and headed out to walk around. Got in over 20K steps, and walked past Supreme Court, Library of Congress, Capital, Smithsonian buildings, Washington Momument, Jefferson, White House and a bit downtown. It always make me feel so proud to be here. Oh well, off to review notes for my presentation. Going home this evening, and might have time for a workout.
Cookie

Hi ladies!

Okay I'm seriously back. I finished up my book tour in October, and right after that ended I had an area of concern found on my mammogram. Girls, I was totally freaked out by this! They couldn't get me in for another mammogram for 10 DAYS. So I was very worried and very stressed so how did I cope? DESSERT AND NO WORKOUTS. (I know, a brilliant coping plan, yes? HA!) After 10 days, I went back in-and it had been a tech error the first time. She folded the skin up in the machine and they didn't have a good picture. WHEW!

So I did manage four workouts last week but I've gained four pounds and THIS MADNESS MUST STOP. So back to good eating, working out and checking in. :)

I am editing my February release (Surviving The Rachel) and starting Dallas Demons #3 (The third in my hockey series) so lots going on with the writing. That's good. And crazy!!

Now to see what you girls have been up to....

:) Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.